Social Media Icons

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Great Gift - Nail Polish Set

I got this Gwen Stefani Mini Holiday Stars set by OPI at a Christmas fair my hair salon had late in November. 

I loved the idea of all these minis in great holiday colors. I don't know about you guys but I can never finish a bottle of nail polish before it goes all gunky. So minis are IT for me. 

I've been trying out these polishes and felt I needed to talk about them while there was still a little time to pick this up as gift. 

First, can I say I just LOVE this set, it's colors, the formula, and the staying power! Thumbs up all around!


The set comes with 4 colors Red Finger & Mistletoes, What's Your Point-settia?, I Carol About About You, and Kiss Me --or Elf!

 I have worn 3 of the colors so far... and I'm so sorry but I forgot to take pictures of the first color I tried (the dark magenta color on the right)... oops. But I did take a picture of the dark purple, and the red. I'm saving the sparkly red for Christmas because... sparkle... and red!

The formula of these is just wonderful, it's a 3 swipes and you're done kind of deal. You don't really need a second coat, the coverage is really good. I, of course am a little obsessive about nail polish so I did 2 coats.

The staying power is also really great. It lasted 4 days to me with no chips and I stretched it to 5 or 6 days (a few chips, but eh, I'm a little lazy).


The purple I put tried first with my nails filed in their usually square shape This color has almost a metallic sheen to it. Yes! I put a quick drying top coat on and it was beautiful.

Then I tried the red. I decided to go with a more oval shape for the nails - y'know to class it up a bit. And then because I was feeling crazy I decided to put a matte top coat on to make it a little modern. I'm not sure if I love the matte look. But it's kind of fun and different.

Overall I think this would be a great gift for any nail polish fanatic, occasional user, or newbie.

4 comments:

  1. I love the red!! Beautiful for Christmas

    www.ohmissjackie.blogspot.com enter my giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that deep purple quite a bit, its vampy and sexy while still festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the first color I had to try! Definitely the most "me" of all the colorss!

      Delete