Social Media Icons

Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 2014 Favorites


First off, sorry for being MIA the last few weeks. The holidays definitely made my life a little more hectic and the package I was waiting for to write a post on still hasn't arrived yet. But, hey, I'm here now and I have a new favorites post for you all!

This month I didn't think I really had any favorites, but when I really thought about it there were a few products that I have been using without fail and have made this month better (beauty-wise)!

The Body Shop
Shea Body Whip
I really love this brand, especially their Shea scent, mmmm... so good. The body whip is really nice and moisturizing. I also love that it soaks in so quickly, a little more so than the body butters (which I also love).

BareMinerals
READY Touch Up Veil
I use the shade Light as a finishing powder over foundation. I have never tried BareMinerals before, I was never really into mineral makeup. I'm just not a fan of loose powder getting everywhere, but I digress. This is a pressed powder and it is great to add a little more coverage to foundation. It also provides an illuminating effect (especially in the under-eye area). It provides good coverage and makes my skin look luminescent!

Too Faced
Absolutely Flawless Flexible Coverage Concealer
I have the shade Vanilla. It's taken a while for this concealer to grow on me; I guess I expect miracles. I have some serious dark circles to cover and am always hopeful that I'll find the concealer that masks them permanently. So this concealer isn't that miracle, but I found when I used less product (I mean a tiny amount) and then my Touch Up Veil I've been getting some fantastic results. Again you don't use very much product at all or it'll look cakey, but when used with a light hand.... it works wonders!

Redken (Not Cruelty-Free)
Satinwear Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion
I bought this from my hairdresser (gotta support the local businesses!) to combat all this winter dryness and the frizziness that comes with it. And I've gotta say, it's amazing! I put a dime size amount through my hair, starting with the ends first. This lotion makes my hair feel so soft and silky and continues with that even after blow drying. I have also noticed a definite decrease in frizz. But of course, this is Colorado and the dryness is a constant battle.

Well those were my December favorites. With the New Year coming, I'll be trying to be better about keeping my posts scheduled and consistent.

No comments

Leave a Comment