Social Media Icons

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Bold Lips done Cruelty-Free


||Originally Post at: Denver Style Magazine||

|Photography by: Krysta's Kaptures|

I'm all about the bronzer, lighter bases, and big lashes for my usual spring and summer makeup. But for this year there was a trend all over the spring/summer runways that had me intrigued: a bold lip colors with barely-there makeup. I saw these looks at the Chanel, Valentino and Jason Wu runways (just to name a  few).

This is way out of my comfort zone! Anyone who knows me, knows I don't usually (ever) wear lipstick. I am a chapstick girl through and through. But I'm always down to try new looks and this sounded fun.

For these looks to have the easy, breezy feel I wore minimal makeup: a light foundation with lots of bronzer and a bit of mascara. Definietely summer friendly! I love that it's a pretty easy look but you look pulled together, and it's so quick.

So here's my cruelty-free take on bold lips with a no-makeup makeup look!

#1 Berry Pink


I think I've decided pinks are my favorite lip colors to wear, and I especially love this metallic color. For a matte lip, it's pretty comfortable and it just brings something extra special to a look.

#2 Orange-y Red




I think this is the most "Amber-friendly" formula. It's a light gel stain that you can leave pretty sheer or build up for more color. I think it gives that cool popsicle-stained lip look that's popular in South Korea. And this color is great for when you have a bit of a tan and brightening up a look. I'll definitely be picking up the more pink-red color of this too!

#3 Vampy Purple




Ok, this is the most out there of the colors and it's a little crazy But I saw something similar on the Acne Studios runway so I thought, why not?! It's definitely very striking and would be fun for a night out with the girls dancing. I'd feel special without having to worry about my eyeliner going all panda on me!

All Together Now!



Pink Lips

Red Lips

Purple Lips

I think I'll be busting this look out more and more as the temperatures rise. You know when you're lucky to put on a bra let alone a full face of makeup! So what do you think? Would you try this trend?

Test your Cruelty-Free Beauty knowledge and support a great cause here!

No comments

Leave a Comment