Social Media Icons

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

ColourPop Haul and Review - Metallic Eyeshadows and More!


I have heard about the affordable cruelty-free brand, ColourPop and only just got around to trying them! Geez, late to the band wagon much?!? Oh well I'm here now and I've got swatches and thoughts.

I bought 4 metallic Super-Shock eyeshadows (they have other options than metallic, but...glitter!), a highlighter, and an eyebrow pencil. The texture of the shadows and highlighter is crazy! It's some cream/powder mix of boingy-ness (that's right kids, boingy-ness). The texture is really hard to describe but really cool. 


I went for neutrals, of course, with that metallic sheen. I've really been into that look lately. They are more glittery than I thought they'd be, so if you're not much into glitter, I'd suggest trying their matte shades. 

I would say the longevity on these is pretty good, usually the color stays on through a 10-hour day. However, there may be some creasing in that time, so if you've got the oily eyelids troubles I would suggest a primer. Otherwise I didn't notice any fallout; amazing considering all the glitter involved. And the shadows are very pigmented! I suggest putting down a base on the lids with a flat shadow brush, then go to town with your fingers. And finally blend the edges with a fluffy brush!

See below for descriptions and my review of each product:


Smoke N Whistles

"We dunno about the smoke but you'll definitely get some whistles in this cool-toned pink champagne with silver highlights"

This highlighter is the absolute perfect color for my skintone. It's a champagne that's not too pink or yellow, it's just right. I've been applying it with a dampened or dry Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge on the high points of my face, and love it!!! This product can be made as subtle or strong as you like. Which I like, cuz some days I want to glow like the sun, but others I just want to look alive.


I ♡ This

"Our fearless leader loves this taupe with a silver sparkle SO MUCH that we naturally had to name it "I Heart This"!"

This cool-toned taupe is pretty all over the lid for a light makeup day. It add just the right amount of sparkle to the eyes.


Nillionaire

"You'll be looking rich in this metallic bronze with pink and gold glitter"

Hello bronze goddess!! This is a nice bronze tone that isn't too warm, it's neutral and the gold glitter keeps things interesting.


DGAF

"Everyone is definitely gonna give a f*ck when you wear this medium-toned rusty brown topped with multi-dimensional gold glitter"

A beautiful rose-gold/warm-toned color that makes blue eyes POP! Probably my favorite shade out of the bunch. All you need is some of this on the lids, loads of mascara and your eyes are ready to smoulder with the best of them. 


Drift

"Pop this pearlized true cranberry on your eyes and you may notice some attractive men drifting your way"

This is the only one of the colors that I haven't tried yet. And it's not because it's not gorgeous, it is! But I feel it's such an amazing special color that I need a special occasion to use it (anyone else do this?). I'll be going out dancing this weekend though, so maybe I should give it a try. 



Dope Taupe


I've been skeptical about these micro brow pencils, I have bushy brows and no use for drawing on individual hairs. And, let's be honest, I want the quickest way possible to fill in my brows... so I thought I'd give this affordable pencil a shot to see if I was terribly wrong. 

I wasn't wrong. These types of pencils aren't for me. But for what it is I can see the usefulness. The spooly is really nice, so that's a plus in my book. 

TBH, the biggest drawback for me was the color. It's way too warm for me. When I hear taupe, I think cool-toned. But this is more of a reddish-brown than I'd like. It still works and I've been using it, but once it's out I'll be going back to using an eyeshadow (from It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette) or tryout a new, thicker pencil.

Final ColourPop Review


I've been impressed! The color selection is awesome and there are a multitude of choices for finish, color, and formula. All at a really affordable price, $5-$6 each. Can't beat that! I think next, I'll branch out and try more of their eyeshadow options (matte?), and I really want to try some of their lip products. Let me know if there's anything from ColourPop that you love.

No comments

Leave a Comment