Social Media Icons

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Style Trials - Teal Kimono Top

Style Trials: Aqua Top




My lovely mom and grandma had taken me shopping a few weeks ago for Spring/Summer clothes. They are just so wonderful to shop with because everything I tried on received smiles and "oh you look so cute!". Gotta love that :) They even encouraged be to buy color... and lots of it, something I almost never do.

Since the weather has been so cold, rainy, and gloomy here I haven't had an opportunity to wear any of my new color-packed wardrobe. But now the weather is turning (or so they say) and I have a birthday coming up, so what better time to consider how I'll be inserting color into my wardrobe!

As I said, my birthday is looming (30 ahhh!) but to celebrate I have planned a night of drinking and dancing with my cousins, aunt, and uncle. I'm excited for a fun night out and thought this top I found from Kohl's (see here) would work for a comfy yet pretty outfit. 

Although neither outfit above is something I'd normally gravitate towards, I've seen silver everywhere recently and wanted to incorporate it as a fun "party-time" element. 

Outfit 1 
Blush colored shorts! Who'dve thought I would post these, but the scalloped hem roped me in, I thought the top would look cute tucked in (you know the front-tuck kind) with some bling in the bracelet, simple sexy black shoes, and a silver clutch for some punch!

Outfit 2
This is a more "me" outfit with black leggings, made in a extra special faux leather finish to toughen things up. Then these silver shoes which are Marc Jacobs and hundreds of dollars I would never spend on shoes. I think they make the outfit more fun and night time appropriate. Then the outfit is topped off which a simple yet cute clutch and again some bling on the wrist!

I wonder what outfit I'll really make of this... I will have to follow-up :) Which outfit is your favorite? What would you wear with this top? Let me know down in the comments.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments

Leave a Comment