Social Media Icons

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Oh Those Eyebrows!

Oh eyebrows, "the frame of your face", they can make or break your look. And I don't know about you, but they are damn complicated to figure out! :)

I spent most of my teenage years over plucking and even shaving my eyebrows into a more "desirable" shape. But more recently I've decided to stop plucking and let my eyebrows grow back in. I've been doing this for about 9 months now... don't worry I still pluck the unibrow (no Burt here!) but overall my brows have filled in nicely.

The hard part is now where do I pluck? Still working on that, I might have to go to a professional... but enough of this, back to eyebrows. So here is a picture of my brows (and my face), plain and bare for the world to see! Eek...



To fill in where I just don't have brows and to help define my shape I use a little help in the form of brow powder or wax. These products help to fill in any sparse areas, give, a little more structure, and give you the shape you want.

So I use the Elf Brow... for this and here are my steps for both the powder and the wax formulas.


First, use a spooly brush to your brows up and into the general shape you want.

Powder - good for a softer look, a quicker application
I prefer a angled shadow brush or a small thin shadow or eyeliner brush to do this. Take some of the powder onto the brush and draw the line you want on the bottom of your eyebrows then brush/push the shadow up into your brow so it's not such a harsh line. Then fill the brush again and draw a line for the bottom of the tail end of your brow and again push up and fill in the top portion of the tail. Then you can fill in the main top portion. Go back with any product where needed and be sure to define the arch.The key is to make sure that you don't over use powder, just use enough to define and fill in.



Wax - good for a more real and defined look, takes a little longer
I prefer to use a thin flat liner brush. Start, by putting the wax on both sides of the brush and draw a line to define the bottom of the main part of your brows. Do this in little quick lines to keep it from looking too harsh. Use the leftover product on your brush to draw in little hairs to fill in the main section of the brow. Then fill the brush again and define the bottom line of the tail or your brow and the arch area top and bottom, again with short lines. Then use the leftover product to again fill in the sparse areas. I will also sometimes draw a line at the top of the brows if I feel they need some extra definition.


Last, brush through with the spooly brush up and into place. Again this will soften any lines.

Below is a comparison of my naked brow, shadow brow, and wax brow. I hope this tutorial helped and good luck with your future eyebrows!


1 comment:

  1. Squeee a brow post! I like the wax look the best, it looks especially groomed.

    ReplyDelete