Social Media Icons

Sunday, July 27, 2014

New Zoya Nail Polishes

I finally received my 3 free nail polishes from Zoya and their promotion around the 4th of July. I've never tried these polishes before so I thought this deal was a good opportunity.

Now Zoya is not listed on the PETA's Companies That Don't Test List, however the products don't contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, or camphor; which they refer to as the Big 5.

Now onto the fun colors I got...



Zuza
"Deep, saturated oceanic turquoise with gold and silver metallic shimmer and a foil-like finish"
This was my daring purchase, I'm not normally a glittery kind of person. But, I found the shimmer in this polish really does show up more like a foil. It's darker than I expected but it does have a beautiful sheen to it in the light.

Rue
"full-coverage, boudoir blush cream"
I did find this polish to be full-coverage, it went on smooth and covered wonderfully in two coats. The color however, wasn't as pink as I was expecting. It's more of a nude with hints of mauve or lilac. But still a pretty creamy color.

Ibiza
"Blackened indigo-blue brightened slightly by subtle metallic blue shimmer"
This by far was my favorite of the 3. I only used it on 2 fingers but it went on like a dream and I only needed one coat. It is a very dark blue and although I don't really see the shimmer, it does have a silky kind of finish that may be from that.




Overall I was impressed with these polishes and how well they applied. Let me know what you think of the colors!

1 comment:

  1. Three lovely shades! I think Rue is a super flattering nude on you, Ibiza has major style points and Zuza is surprisingly my favorite. Maybe because it's so different than what people normally wear? It looks really cheerful.

    ReplyDelete