Social Media Icons

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

How I'm Fixing My Nails

For the last few years I've had some issues with my finger nails. They've been incredibly flimsy and bendable (not normal) and have been peeling. And let me tell you, it's been weird, like flakes of nail coming off to show layers underneath.

Overall, they were not healthy, nail polish wasn't sticking, and I needed to make a change. So after some discussion with my mom about this, she recommended taking calcium. So I went out and bought calcium pills. 

Also, I've been working on going through the PETA's Beauty Without Bunnies list of products that don't test on animals (more to come on this soon!) and I found a nail product on the list. So I purchased a treatment and top coat to start using. 

I bought the Nail-Aid Fast Dry Top Coat and Peeling Nail Intense Repair Gel (Link to both here). 


I've been taking the Calcium every day and using the Peeling Nail Intense Repair Gel and Top Coat constantly. I replace them once a week-ish. You can use a nail color in-between these as well, but I've been liking the looking of just shiny nails. I've been doing this for about four months now.

I have definitely noticed a difference! It's working :) 

My nails are much stronger, they don't bend over any more. And they aren't peeling almost at all. I am so excited that these products have been helping so much. I wasn't sure if a nail polish would do much, especially since these are not expensive at all ($6.50/each). But I've been amazed at the results and intend to keep using these until they're gone, and then buying more. 

So I know this was a quick post, but I wanted you all to know about this cruelty-free product that is working wonders on my nails!

1 comment:

  1. I have had some peeling nail issues myself, looks like an affordable solution. Hooray for Beauty without Bunnies!

    ReplyDelete