Social Media Icons

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Easy Daytime/Work Makeup

By request here is my version of a pretty and pretty easy eye and makeup look for everyday or for work.

So here's how I start with no makeup on...eek!

First, I put on a sunscreen/moisturizer (hence the shiny face!) then I put on my Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion. This stuff is great to keep your makeup on all day, especially in the summer when you might sweat just a touch. We're ladies you know! Then after that I put on the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to hold that eye shadow in place.

 photo SAM_0521_zps25c092fb.jpg
 photo SAM_0523_zps359cd986.jpg

Next was my foundation and concealer. For foundation I've been using the IT Cosmetics IT-O2 Ultra Repair Liquid Oxygen Foundation. This stuff is really nice. It's got a great medium consistency and goes onto your face like a dream. I usually do an all over light coverage with my fingers then dab on a little to cover any additional redness. But I'm sure I could build it up more for more coverage... I should try that. Then I use Physcian's Formula Super CC+ Concealer to cover any spots and under eye circles. This stuff is okay coverage, but I do find that it doesn't last that long so if you know of a good concealer let me know!

 photo SAM_0535_zps69e81c0b.jpg photo SAM_0537_zpse362c74b.jpg

Finally, the powders! I used a Studio Gear powder on my T-zone just to help me finish this product off, it's really not all that great and doesn't last all day. But then I used an old Physician's Formula blush I love which gives you that natural glow from within kind of feel.

 photo SAM_0538_zpsf20fe54b.jpg photo SAM_0539_zps6e59f1fa.jpg

Then to make the look easy I used just one eye shadow duo by ELF. Although you can't really tell in the picture this is a yellow-y golden brown color with lost of shimmer.


I added the lightest color all over my lid with my finger (your best tool!). Then I took a big fluffy eye shadow brush with the darker color and put it my crease. Then when there was just a little color left on the brush I blended out the edges. Finally I took a shimmery white color for the corners of my eyes and for my brow bone.

Then I finished off the look with some black eyeliner just at the lash line and my Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.

Oh yea and some lip gloss on my big 'ol lips! I used this ELF one

And here's the final look with and without glasses. I wasn't sure how this eye shadow would look on because it's not my normal brown or bronze but I quite like it... let me know what you think.
 photo SAM_0544_zps63e84251.jpg photo SAM_0552_zps930c1a75.jpg

Thank you all for reading!



4 comments:

  1. Its a win, natural and polished. Would you ever try a wild eye shadow like a little sparkly green or bright purple for a work look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a very natural colors kinda girl when it comes to makeup... but for fun I might have to do a post on a crazy color eye for a night out!

      Delete
  2. What a pretty everyday look for work! I'm always looking for quick and easy looks that are work appropriate!
    -Monica
    Shimmering Image

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica, I love the easy natural look and do it almost every day!

      Delete