Social Media Icons

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Best Cruelty-Free Drugstore Eyebrow Mascara

Eyebrow mascara - so necessary, so forgotten, so orange! I'm sure you all know the struggle with finding eyebrow products at the drugstore. You want to find the right formula, color, staying power, all that jazz. And when you go cruelty-free your options are even fewer. 




Well I have decided to take the guesswork out of the situation. Well, for eyebrow mascara at least. Below are 3 drugstore and cruelty-free versions that I've tried and my thoughts on them all. 


Now they're all good and I would use any of them again, but there's definitely a winner here for me. I decided to judge these all with points (because numbers!) 1-3, 1 (no good), 2 (good), 3 (great). I'll judge on Brush, Color, and Fill. Each mascara has the potential to get 9 points. And off we go!

NYX Tinted Brow Mascara




The brush on this mascara is a little big and wide so it takes a minute to get used to, so brush is a 2. The color is also medium, not too warm but not really cool either and it's a little dark for me (but the blonde is way too light), 2. The fill is decent, but I do find that I get more bald patches (attractive I know) with this more than the others, probably due to the wider brush, score is a 2. So overall we have an average mascara and a total score of 6. 

Milani Easy Brow Tinted Fiber Gel




The brush on this mascara is medium-sized and the bristles are close together so application is easy to control. Although, the tip of this brush did clump up pretty intensely towards the end which was frustrating, I'll still give it a 3 though. The color was my biggest issue with this one, it too warm. I still wore it (cause I'm stubborn like that) so it's not terrible, but not what I'm looking for, so I'll give it a 1. The fill was pretty great on this one as it has fibers in it, so it also gives your brows some fullness, 3. This little guy gets a total of 7.

Essence Make Me Brow



My first ever brow mascara... ahh first loves. Ok anyway... love the brush on this one, it's tiny so even if you have no brows you would have control with this. It also has very packed bristles which again applies product evenly; a 3 for this one. The color is perfectly cool-toned, which I love so another 3. Finally, the fill is really good on this one too as it also has those fibers. Apparently fibers = good brows. So again, I'm going with a 3.

So we obviously have a winner with the Essence Make Me Brow! And the best news is it's the most affordable at about $3. Yes please. 

So what's your brow routine? Any favorite products? 
Let me know if you'd like to see an updated brow routine as well, I think they've been looking pretty good!

Let's Be Social! Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

Test your cruelty-free beauty knowledge & support a great cause here!

No comments

Leave a Comment