Social Media Icons

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Makeup Clearout & Final Reviews

It's so funny, you know I think I'm good at keeping a minimal makeup collection. But even I occasinally hang on to products that I don't like, have used up, or are just plain old! I usually have good intentions; like I'll write about this someday... so now I'm making an honest person of myself.

Below are the products I've used up or am getting rid of and my final thoughts on each of them. Settle in, let's get chatting!


All The Makeup


NYX HD Concealer

Fair and Yellow

I spoke about these here. I do like these as a drugstore option for concealer, they blend well and don't cake up. But they have more of medium coverage so I find that I need a second (usually peach concealer) for my under-eye circles, which isn't a big deal, but worth mentioning. Overall a great concealer for a good price!

Too Faced Absolutely Flawless Concealer

Vanilla

See my original review here. With this concealer a little goes a long way, which is why I've had it longer than I probably should have (gross!). This is a thicker concealer that takes a little work - I warm it up with my fingers and pat, pat, pat it in. It's got a pretty high coverage and lasts a decent amount of time. Not my favorite but not bad.

Ellen Tracy Thick Stick 

(Not cruelty-free, similar here)

I picked this up from Marshall's on a whim, and as I've spoke about here I'm not a huge fan of lipsticks. So even though this color is nice, it's not for me. Also, I don't feel the staying power is as great as some other lipsticks on the market these days.

Wet n' Wild Megalast Lip Color

Dollouse Pink

Again, I tried this on in the above post and the color is not right for me. Also I felt like this lipstick sat on top of my lips funny and looked a little too painted on. So, onto the next lipstck adventure!

ELF Smudge Pot Cream Eyeshadow


I wrote about my disappointment here, but held onto the product for some unknown reason. Now it's time to let it go as I should have before. 

Wet n Wild Color Icon Glitter Single

Brass

Some days you just want to be glittery... but don't choose this for the job. It's hard to get the product out of the pan and onto the lid. I just want a gilded eyelid, is that too much to ask?!?

Mascaras


First a little caveat to my mascara reviews. I have extremely dry eyes; which means loads of eye drops and squinting. This unfortunately means I'm super tough on mascara as it usually ends up under my eyes... not good. So the below reviews are not on longevity or smudgey-ness (which they all fail) but the other properties of mascara.

Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara


I loved the volume this mascara provided. My lashes started out beautifully full and long and black. I also really liked the shape of the brush, I had lots of control and was able to get into the corners of my lashes. 

Too Faced Better Than Sex

Waterproof

I'll just come right out and say it... skip this and get the original Better Than Sex (in the pink tube). The original is a million times better in volume, length, longevity, and staying power. Don't know how they ended up so different, but they did.

Ulta Super-Stretch Mascara 

(product no longer available)

This mascara did last longer than the non-fiber ones did, that's a plus. But the look it gave was super natural. And I need lashes you can see from space, so this just didn't wow me. Though it looks like they've reformulated and created some new options for Ulta. Shopping spree?



Want more product reviews? Get notified of new posts on Bloglovin'

No comments

Leave a Comment