Social Media Icons

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Fall Layers and Self Acceptance

Fall is finally popping up in Denver and I thought it'd be time for a fashion post.

I'd like to talk about a few things today... first the fashion or style post - it's been a long time, I know. And second, we need to chat about having confidence and accepting yourself.

First, I feel like we're half in fall and half still in summer which makes dressing challenging to say the least. Here in Colorado it's all about the layers - jackets, sweaters, button downs, you get the idea.

This jacket has been my go to layer piece of late. It's flowy and neutral but adds some pizzaz to an otherwise boring outfit. It's nice and light and great for some extra warmth during these days of cold mornings and warm afternoons. I also love how it cinches in at the waste so you aren't getting lost in the material.


Now, let's talk about body confidence.

One of the reasons I haven't posted a fashion post, or really any full-body shots is that I don't like the way I look on camera... and often off camera too.

About a year and half ago I gained back all the weight I'd lost previously plus some and I was the heaviest I'd ever been. I was feeling really down on myself. Then I went through the separation, divorce, moves, etc... and started doing yoga. I have since lost 20 lbs. and am feeling much better physically.


But I can't seem to shake this insecurity, these constant thoughts about my stomach being too flabby and out there, or my double chin, or my huge thighs. I know this is not productive thinking or helpful to my self image at all, but I can't seem to move beyond it. I'm at least some of you know this feeling.


Lately I've been following some great ladies (see below) on social media that perpetuate body love and acceptance, no matter your size. These women are amazingly empowering as they have accepted and love themselves; curves, thighs, stomachs, asses (you know the drill), and all!  I figured then, if these woman are out there showing the world it's okay to be confident with your body type - of any size and shape - so then can I.

Now don't get me wrong, I am still having confidence trouble and just posting these pictures is really hard for me as I see all the flaws. But, I want to be postive and help any of you out there who may be struggling with self-image. I want to focus on the things I like about my body; how far I've come with my body, the fact that I have lost weight, that I'm stronger and have muscles, and, that I really like how curvy I am.


So ladies, let's all take a moment together to think of something you love about your body. We can support each other and empower each other to be our most awesome selves - inside and out.

Remember: Girls Rule!

Need some more inspiration follow these amazing ladies:



Thank you all for listening and I hope you're having a great week!

2 comments: