Social Media Icons

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Style Trials: Gold Choker Necklace

Style Trials: Spiked Choker



This week's Style Trial was difficult for me... I bought this necklace at Forever 21 a few months ago. I took my mom shopping which is so confidence boosting and fun :) She's always telling me how good things look so I end up spending some serious money! (love you mom!)

I really like this necklace it's sassy and fun but also nice and polished with the gold and pastel. However, it's very short (I know, I know choker right?!?) but I have a hard time decided what kind of top and neckline to wear with it. So here's my trials for the best outfits with white tops, let's see how I did!

Outfit 1 - So peplums aren't really my things although I love them. I just have a few too many pounds in the 'ol tums to pull it off. However, I think this peplum has a perfect neckline for this necklace because it's pretty high without being tall enough that it would cover the necklace. Also I think the texture lends itself to such a simple outfit. The pants are dark wash skinny jeans from express to keep it streamlined and classy. And because I love balance I chose a geometric gold bracelet.

Outfit 2 - Oh the simple T-shirt, it works with everything. I wanted a scoop neck option with this necklace because it would be able to show off the necklace. But to make sure there wasn't too much openness at the chest area, I thought these layering necklaces would add a nice effect without competing with the statement piece. Then some skinny black trousers to pull it all together. 

So there it was, my ideas for this necklace. Let me know if you any of you have some great ideas for this necklace because I really would love to wear it more often. Also, let me know if you want to see some pictures of me wearing it!

No comments

Leave a Comment